Spam and bad email is a big issue. You get most of the viruses opening a bad email.
Xeams is very good solution for blocking spam for Windows and Linux.
Hosted email server is not a good solution because you might be on the same cloud server with the spammers. Either you accept the junk from that server or you might be blocking your own emails.
The cloud service providers are the biggest spammers.
On premises server is a better solution because you have full control and in the long run is chipper. Security and privacy is another aspect.
If you are a small business and you can you pop3 or Imap you can use Xeams as an email server.
If you have a different email server you can use Xeams as smtp proxy.
Xeams can be run in 3 different configurations:
- Full Email Server – No other email server is required
- Spam Firewall – Processes junk emails and forwards good messages to another email server, such as Microsoft Exchange, Sendmail or Novel Groupwise.
- Hybrid Mode – A combination of both options providing redundancy to your email infrastructure
Top 10 reasons to use Xeams
- Low Cost
- Freedom of choice – You decide if you want to use Xeams as your primary email server or just use it to filter spam. Either way, Xeams provides a robust and reliable server that efficiently handles your email infrastructure.
- Web-based administration – Configuration in Xeams is 100% web-based allowing administrators to manage their server from any computer. Besides administrators, end-users can also log in to their accounts to view messages and modify their filtering rules.
- Unparalleled support – Our service doesn’t stop at the implementation of your solution. Members of our support team are available through different channels to help you if needed. These include access to our experienced support team in person, one-on-one, via telephone, email or through public forums on our website.
- Multiple platforms – You pick the operating system that best fits your need. Xeams runs on every major operating environments, including Microsoft Windows, Linux, Solaris, MacOSx and other flavors of UNIX.
- 99% spam protection – Xeams can block 99% percent of all junk messages right out of the box. The filtering rules are fully customizable and get better as Xeams adapts to your email environment.
- Company policy enforcement – Xeams enforces corporate email policies, prevents intentional or inadvertent breaches, and mitigates insider threats. By delivering a flexible policy engine, numerous message dispositions, and policy-specific content, Xeams enables companies to proactively manage their information flow to protect corporate secrets, prevent inappropriate behavior, and ensure that sensitive information is not released.
- Auto updates – Xeams provides two types of updates: a) Rules update, which pull new rules to protect you against junk emails, viruses and phishing attacks. b) Server updates, which pull new features and bug fixes to the server engine without any human interaction.
- Message archiving – If required, Xeams can serves as an excellent archiving system. Companies can archive in-bound and out-bound messages using Xeams. Archiving is done regardless of the mode of operation you are using. This makes Xeams a perfect companion to servers like Microsoft Exchange when it comes to message archiving
- Extensive reporting – Out of the box Xeams provides several reports that accurately report the usage and load trends on your server. The Live Monitoring feature in Xeams provides a summary of emails as they arrive in your system.